Saturday, January 17, 2009

I know it has been a while since I updated the blog, So much has been going on with us and Zack.

Where to start:
Well last week I was trying to get him in to see his Urologist and was told that he only does surgeries on Tues and Wed, which was going to make it hard for me to be with him afterwards. Then I get the call they had an opening for Friday the 16th, I grabbed that appointment quick because that would give me all weekend to be with him and TRY to play nurse LOL

Then Tuesday they called to pre-register him, I was then told he needed a pre-op exam???!!! Why wasn't I told this when the appointment was made the Friday before?? Here it is now late in the evening, no offices open. Plus I told her that our Ped is the Asst. Director of Pediatrics at Cardinal Glennon and we couldn't get in on such short notice. So this lady proceeds to tell me I could go to any Walgreen's clinic and they would do one for us, WRONG!!!! We sat there for about 2hrs only to be told they DO NOT do these...To maybe go to a Urgent Care.... WRONG again!!! They don't do these either!!! I spent 4 hrs at work on the phone trying to find out what I needed to do....Finally I get a person that can help me... she says our Dr is not in that day but can set me up with another Dr to have it done.... GREAT!!! right??? Then I leave work early, rush home to get him ready only to get a call and email from his Urologist Office to tell me they will do the pre-op exam in the AM...OK it seems to me that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!!!??? Then I get the call to let me know what time we have to have him there....6am!!! Zack was up at 4am anyway... he must have known LOL Give him a watered down juice bottle and off to his last bath till Tuesday ACCKKK LOL

We get to the hospital right on time(actually 3 minutes late)They do the pre-op exam and 30 minutes later they come to get us take us to his room and then..... everyone and their brothers start coming to to talk about what is being done, what they are going to do, all his medical back ground(which we know there is NONE)We was under the impression they was just doing a circumcision WRONG!! They basically did a reconstruction, really to gross to even go into. He was back there for 2 1/2 hrs and another 1 1/2hrs in recovery. But the Dr said he did very well and all went good. It will now point to the nose instead of the toes LOL I had to laugh when he said that LOL

His bandages don't come off till Monday and we have to go back for a follow-up on Monday also so they can take the bandages off and they can check all the stitches. My poor little guy!!!!

Friday was kinda off and on....he would sleep wake up and drink his pedilyte and back out he went.....took some of his Tylenol w/codeine and back out again...Then about 6/7 he woke up and didn't want his formula this boy wanted FOOD!!! they told us to keep him on a clear liquid unless he was throwing up. So we fed the hungry little guy...He was then all smiles till about midnight when he woke up screaming....He was pee'ing again and the Dr said it was really going to burn and be painful for him for the first day or so. He didn't go back to sleep until 7 this morning. Thank goodness Steve got up about 2am and helped me..



But all in all he did really well.



Here are a few pics of his from yesterday.......







This is before surgery in his cute little tigger gown






This is his in recovery after his surgery.... snoozing away LOL

5 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Kim~Poor little Zack! I hope he is well soon! I think you are doing a fine job of being a nurse.

The Aldridge's said...

I am so sorry he hurts so bad but glad you are able to be there with him as right now he needs it. Glad all went well in surgery and that y'all are ok. YOU are doing a GREAT Job!!!!!!!! Hang in there and remember dont matter what time or when you need me call and I will answer and even try to be there if can.

Carolyn

Faith, Family, Future said...

AWWW,poor little guy. So sorry he is so much pain but glad the surgery went well. Glad you are able to be with him.

Tammy

ozzy's world said...

DANG! Poor little guy. Glad everything went well, guess there is nothing like going in for one surgery and having another!

Stacie said...

So happy to hear everything went well!
Hope he is recovering quickly!
Give Zach a hug from us!