Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Time to update.....

Nothing really new going on, Zack is doing well and growing. We have our days when he eats well and other day he don't eat worth crap. It's like one day he like it and the day day he don't want it near his mouth.
He goes back to see two of his Dr's next week. One to get caught up on more shots and the other to have the Endo check him out again and see if the meds are where they are suppose to be.
Today was so beautiful outside when I got home I decided to put him in his little tykes swing and let him enjoy the outdoors and fresh air. I think he is starting to get cabin fever with the weather we have been having. With all his issues with bronchitis and stuff I REALLY HATE to take him out when its cold. BUT he does love it outside.
I so miss being with my baby boy ALL the time. And it does bother me to hear what he does all day knowing I missing it. At time I don't feel like I'm raising him at all as I get less and less time with him. And when the weekends come I don't want to go back to work come Monday mornings because I know I wont get to see him much for another 5 days. By the time I get home most days from work he is cranky not the loving little guy I left that morning.
The O/T , Visual teacher and I was talking the other day when they was here and the biggest thing they keeps telling me is everyone has to be constant with Zack. Everyone that cares for him needs to be on the same page and doing things the same way, at the same times. And absolutely NO playing, nothing that will distract him from meal time. They said this is best with all the issues we are having with him eating. Kiddos with this disorder have ALOT of trouble staying focused.
Zack is a happy little boy MOST of the time unless one of his therapist is here....LOL Then he plays possum and acts as if he is suddenly tired LOL

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Kim! Kate will one day love something to eat and the next day I try the same food and she throws it to the dogs. Nice, hey? Just when you think you have it figured out. It sucks to have to work. I think we waited so long to have our kids home, it hurts even worse that we have to send them off to daycare 4 or 5 days per week. Sucks, big time.

Stacie said...

Glad little Zach is doing well. I'm so fortunate to be home with Maysa and know how you feel missing out...she has grown into quite the stinker, but only around me.
Zach knows you are their for him and whats most important is what you do in the time you have together, not how much time you spend together.
Talk to you soon!